Many businesses have found great ways to utilize a cloud model. Now, they’re able to be more agile, grow faster and even add to their business resiliency. Still, there are those that have never really worked with an enterprise cloud model and are held back by myths and confusion points around the technology.
In HP’s Five myths of cloud computing, we learn some of the biggest myths currently circulating in the cloud industry. Remember, the cloud is a vast, diverse, model which can accommodate many different types of organizations. Whether it’s a private, public, hybrid or community cloud – there may be a fit for your organization. Still, without full understanding the cloud model, it’s easy to be confused by so many different types of offerings.
- Myth 1: The public cloud is the most inexpensive way to procure IT services
- Myth 2: Baby steps in virtualization are the only way to reach the cloud
- Myth 3: Critical applications do not belong in the cloud
- Myth 4: All cloud security requirements are created equally
- Myth 5: There is only one way to do cloud computing